Cults / Cults | Album Review

Cults
Self Titled ; 2011

I find most of my music through the popular music streaming service Pandora. When I find a song that I like, I bookmark it and go home and download it. I'll usually listen to it a few times and then it'll get lost in the bottomless pit that is my iTunes library. Cults on the other hand, held my attention. Rarely can I sit through an entire album and enjoy each song just as much, if not more, as the last. Most of the time the songs just blend into each other, I get bored, and move onto something new. Cults' self-titled album, released in 2011, is the perfect combination of catchy and sweet. The girl-pop element of their sound is pretty evident. The use of borrowed elements play along with the lyrics to create a little world where one minute Follin is singing a frustrated "fuck you" and dreaming of escaping the next.
It's this type of turn that keeps me hooked on an album and wanting more.

At just over a half hour, Cults feels like the perfect length just long enough for the commute to school (or to work).
But most importantly, it's allowed the group room to grow without overdoing themselves. This album is new and rewarding, and I give it a solid 8.5.

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.